Tuesday, September 5, 2017

"Carnage Tyrant: Dino Assaulter."


"Carnage Tyrant: Dino Assaulter."
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

I have always been a fan of big monsters. One of the early decks that I made was made up of Red/Green Beast decks. I just enjoyed having one of those great big things on your side of the battlefield ready to snap up an opponents head or just deal so much damage in one swing.

While the monsters I have had are not perfect and are easily dispatched with a well timed spot removal or an annoying counter I still loved playing them. I was thankful when they printed cards like Surrak , Dragonclaw or The Simic Sky Swallower or the Mistcutter Hydra. Strong cards that still had weaknesses in them but enough to annoy that blue player in your playgroup.

I have an existing Temur deck that is the current home of these cards and soon it will be the home of this Ixilan Card.


Yup. This is shaping up to be one of my most anticipated cards because it can  be such a powerhouse in the kind of decks that I usually build.

For a mere 6 mana , 4 colorless and 2 green you have a 7/6 non-legendary dinosaur that can't be countered and when it lands on the battlefield is Hexproof as well. Having trample is just gravy at this point but heck this is just the exact thing you need for an assaulter/finisher. It works well on it's own and can even be pumped with an aura or spell to make it even more massive.

Short of board wiping you can be sure that Carnage Tyrant can get the job done for you. Unless there is a bigger dino out there that hasn't been spoiled from Ixalan.Or another creature that is bigger on the other side of the board.

Carnage Tyrant I await four copies you. Looking forward to the time that we bite some of our opponents heads off. You do the biting. I do the casting though.

No comments:

Post a Comment