Wednesday, August 23, 2017

"Traverse the Outlands: Omnath's New friend."


"Traverse the Outlands: Omnath's New friend."
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr. MD

I have been planning my Omnath , Locus of Rage EDH deck for awhile after I fought against a version of it that my friend Mark Abude ran in one of our Seattle's Best EDH match ups.

I like the landfall mechanic going insane here. Coupled with Rampaging Baloths , you create a hell lot of large beefy tokens.

Traverse the Outlands is something that I want to have in this deck since this 5 mana sorcery will look at the biggest creature you have in the battlefield and dump that much basic lands  , tapped into your side. So with an Omnath , Locus of Rage(5/5) and Rampaging Baloths(6/6) you are looking at  
6 lands coming in and with both of them in play 6 5/5 Elementals and 6 4/4 Beasts. Imagine if you have Urabrask in play or even an Anger in your Graveyard and a mountain. Hasty beefy tokens. 30 damage from the Elementals and 28 damage from the Beasts.



The Amulet of Vigor will have a spot in this deck as well as there is no need to let those lands coming in go to waste. They untap and you can use it to cast something else. 

I also want to look at another landfall staple.Avenger of Zendikar when triggered by the Traverse the Outlands means that all your creatures also get a +5/+5 stat pump in the process. 

I am guessing that Omnath will probably lose some of his rage when he sees this sorcery. Let's put a smile on his elemental face today.

No comments:

Post a Comment