Tuesday, July 8, 2014

"7-11 Cute Gobbler"


"7-11 Cute Gobbler"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.

The first time she met her was at a 7-11 store somewhere in Quezon city. From her scrubsuit , he identified her as a nurse , her brown hair was held in a bun at her back. She was cute. A chinita that reminded him of other things. When she spoke her braces could be seen. It only added to her appeal

It fascinated him how she ate the hotdog sandwich that she had just bought. There was something methodical and meticulous in how she did it. After sitting down she began to empty the packets of mayonnaise , ketchup and mustard. She sat facing the road and observed the people passing by while almost absentmindedly she would tear off a bite size of the hotdog bun and used the mixture she had just poured as some sort of dip. Gobbling the chunks was fast and done in rapid succession. There might have been a million things going on around that 7-11 but all he could focus on was her chewing. 

When she was finished with the bun , she turned her attention to the now naked hotdog.Using the clear plastic that the bun came in she finished the hotdog in 3 quick bites. Sitting on the opposite table from her she could not help but gawk at how odd she had eaten her food. 

After wiping her mouth with a white tissue. She stood up and went to him. He extended out a hand which puzzled him.When he did not take the offered hand she took his and shook it firmly.

The cute woman seemed to suck in a lung full of air and then she began in a spiel that was calm and hinted at being given for the nth time.

"To make this short , my name is Kara. If you listen to me for a few seconds I will answer all the questions running inside that mind of yours.Yes... that is the way I eat hotdogs in this place and yes I have been doing that since I was a kid. And No I will not go with you for a private demonstration..ok? Will that cure your curiosity?"

The guy looked at her and simply said..."Uhm , I wasn't really curious but I did want to tell you something..."

"Go ahead , its not like I haven't heard it before"

"You probably never had..."

"Try me."

"When you were eating...I think a staple fell in with the bun..I think you ate it..."

Kara said nothing.

He stood up and left.

No comments:

Post a Comment