Wednesday, June 4, 2014

"Momir Vig:Simic Death Sequence"

"Momir Vig:Simic Death Sequence"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.

After I have acquired my Momir Vig through a trade that was done in the wee hours(around 2am!) of the morning( thanks Sir Noudz Prado) I just had to stay up for a couple more minutes to find out if I would stick to Vorel of the Hull Clade as my commander or would this be the right time for a leadership change in my Simic EDH deck.( This was already 3am and I simply could not sleep from excitement)

After a few play tests I have concluded that Vorel and Momir shape a simic deck in different ways. Vorel has the more aggressive tilt because of all the counters on the Hydras I have put in my deck while Momir Vig basically creates a Sequence of Death.



I honestly did not want to play the Simic in the original Ravnica block and when I looked at their Guildmaster who at 2/2 is just begging for a shock to the face, I did not even read all of the text Momir has , a couple of years in the future , I find myself reading the text and loving what it gives me. In short if I play a Blue/ Green creature I can search my library for any creature and put that card into my hand. Creature fetch is the name of the game.

I have found one particular sequence that I would really love to play in an EDH match. Momir Vig's Death Sequence goes like this:



#1 Cast Biovisionary  , trigger Momir Vig's ability
#2 Fetch Progenitor Mimic
#3 Play Progenitor Mimic copying Biovisionary , trigger Momir Vig's ability once more.
#4 Fetch Clone. At this point you could say Done or copy Biovisionary. 
After your opponents turn...
#5 Progenitor Mimic puts a token copy of Biovisionary into play on your upkeep. 
#Play Clone and Copy Biovisionary...

All you need to say is DONE and it is over for everyone.You see if you have 4 creatures named Biovisionary  at your end step , you win the game. I am sure that once you are able to pull something like this off prepare to defend your Biovisionary  because it will always be eliminated first in the suceeding games or any games in your play group for that matter.

So there you have it folks the Simic Death Seqeunce. In the meantime keep on brewing , keep on playing. 

2 comments:

  1. its good to know momir vig is in good hands.. --noudz here

    ReplyDelete
  2. And pretty much tired in calling out combos left and right heheheh

    ReplyDelete