Tuesday, May 6, 2014

"Solidarity of Heroes: Solidarity of Monsters"


"Solidarity of Heroes: Solidarity of Monsters" 
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr. 

Solidarity of Heroes is poised to make a lot of Champions  now that  Journey into Nyx has come out. What once was weak becomes stronger and the stronger get ever stronger. And I mean that is a lot of strong right there. All those little creatures that could be made into giants! Heroic will be the key mechanic getting a real boost from this particular card but I have other uses for this wonderful 2 to cast instant. I am going to make me some big big monsters! Big Hydra monsters to be exact. 

Since the release of the Heroes Vs. Monsters deck I have found myself more and more on the side of the monsters. I don't know why.  I mean Polukranos is something that I always wanted to have and grow. This wonderful set is full of Hydras and it is about time to make a lot of them even bigger. Any creature with Monstrosity , Heroic or the Simic creatures with their  Evolve mechanic will benefit from this instant.  This will be an auto-add to my Simic EDH deck that already features all the Hydras I could acquire.



Solidarity of Heroes has got me dreaming again and the dream sequence goes like this:

Turn 1: Forest ,Cast Elvish Mystic
Turn 2: Forest , Cast 2 Elvish Mystic
Turn 3: Forest , Cast Kalonian Hydra
Turn 4: Forest, Declare Attack with Kalonian Hydra , Pump with 2 Solidarity of Heroes , Deal 32 damage. Do the dance of Joy. Watch opponent scoop cards and put in as much spot removal as possible for 2nd game.



Yup , the now already expensive Kalonian Hydra (because of this possible turn 4 kill) might now slightly increase in value. Way to go. Of course this is living the dream in a mono green deck. Heck we all live for this sort of moment when everything falls into place and not a single blocker or spot removal resolves. This is a total vacuum where the path of least resistance leads to your opponents face. It is something that is too much to ask really , I mean what is the possibility that an opponent is really having a bad day and they don't get to cast a single blocker for 4 turns right? or they don't have a spot removal already in their hand? 

Anything can happen in a game of magic though and in this might even happen in a Standard game. We all could dream. In the mean time I am all set to hoard this instant. If I could get my hands on a couple of it then I would be really happy. You see I just don't plan on making the little guys stronger, I am in it for the monsters to win.

No comments:

Post a Comment