Monday, February 10, 2014

The Songs of Magic AKA songs blurted out during games...

"The Hills are alive with the sound of...."
The Songs of Magic AKA songs blurted out during games...
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.

I play with a bunch of crazy people. We love the same game and though we have less sleep and less time to eat we just have to play. Sometimes in the gaming tables in the office , in tournaments or at home there are certain songs that come out automatically when a spell is cast. Here are a few of those songs. Maybe you are your play group have heard them too...

1) "I'll catch a grenade for you..."

Right after throwing 5 points of damage at an opponents face with Goblin Grenade.



2) "Sowap if I'm drunk , Sowap I smoke weed.."

After casting sword of War and Peace or when equipping it to a creature...

3) "What a journey it has been..."

After casting Journey To Nowhere on an opponents creature...

4) "Lakas tama...ako'y nawawala..."

After firing off a Lux Canon...Ang Lux kasi niya eh...

5) "It's where my demons hide...Its where my Demons Hide..."

After playing a Rakdos Guildgate or Blood Crypt...



6) "Boom...Here comes the...Boom..."

Before declaring an attack that is assumed to be a finishing blow...especially in EDH...



Honorable Mention:


One of my opponents cast a Squadron Hawk...he takes out his phone and plays the Babylos theme from Shaider as he looks for more blockers( he has been hammered down to 2 poison counters and was relieved to have a creature)...

He was so happy that he got 4 Squadron Hawks , cast another one immediately that he totally forgot that I just had to target that Livewire Lash attached to my Glistener Elf with a Giant Growth to kill him. The intro was so impressive that I didn't have the heart to disturb him...

_________________________________________________________

Writers Note: This is a half finished blog. The rest really is up to you guys. I am sure there are a lot more songs that I may not be able to recall or add here...

No comments:

Post a Comment