Saturday, January 11, 2014

"Rise of the Dark Realms:Together We Rise"


"Rise of the Dark Realms:Together We Rise"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.

I love Rise from Flobots! The song with a chorus that goes...

"Rise , Together We..Rise"

Yup , this is the song I would sing once I am successfully able to cast this 9 mana costing sorcery that spells certain doom for all my EDH opponents. Rise! 

I know that it has been around for awhile and the initial hype surrounding it have been somewhat dampened by all the exciting cards from Commander 2013 and Theros but heck I am still a Necromancer and still Golgari so the fact of the matter is I still love this card and cannot wait to cast it.

Although , I have been playing Dimir Control the last time I played EDH. Maybe just to shake things up a bit because my opponents already knew Skull Briars win condition. I wanted to play something else. A little control until I am ready to smash face.

When I think about it Rise of the Dark Realms fits more in a very aggressive Mill deck rather than my Golgari deck. I mean think about it. Having Jace, Memory Adept and Consuming Aberration in play. Jace Mills 10 cards for 0 cost and the Aberration, well he is just a Milling machine on a stick. Mirko Vosk is my commander so he gives out a helping hand here too. So when things are full in the graveyard department then it is time for good old Rise of the Dark Realms to make an appearance.



I mean aside from milling someone you could wait really late in the game to cast it.The late rounds where several cycles of Mass Removal have already been used. It is a great time to harvest those still warm bodies in the grave. Especially if you were the one who put them there.

I did mention before that I love Leyline of Anticipation because it just makes every spell better for me.An end of turn Rise of the Dark Realms on your opponents turn and then an overwhelming attack on your own turn. I mean who could not want that right? All creatures are now yours,sure people well have a lot of things to deal with the threat but they could only remove one graveyard at a time and chances are you would still have a lot of cool creatures left over to do your bidding.

So until I sing that Flobot song. Keep on brewing. Keep on playing.Rise!

No comments:

Post a Comment