Friday, June 28, 2013

“Sit Now In Misery"




“Sit Now In Misery"

by:

Virgilio F. De leon Jr.



I
I sit now in this dark place
Contemplating…my mistakes.
I sit here and praying
To forgive me for this sin

II 
I wonder how soon
The drug would take effect
To make a me a murderer
Of the highest edict

III
And so I felt it rumbling
Contracting and I start whimpering
Afraid for my co workers to hear
What has been transpiring here

IV
And I took him in my hands
A little child while he could not see
I held him as I knew he died
Long before I could see his angel smile

V
And so I still sit with my bloodied hands
And my never ending tears
From pain in my heart
And the pain in my mind
My heart cries out
And my soul laments my loss

VI
I have lost so much today
I have lost my mortal soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment