Sunday, May 19, 2013

"Baldy"



"Baldy"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.

Even before we bought our old house in Valenzuela I knew that it was haunted. Our family started purchasing the townhouses one by one starting with the place I call the 1st unit.

My first encounted with the ghost I named baldy was when I was bringing my ex-gf home around 10 in the evening. I passed by the 1st unit which was still under construction. I stopped my car right in front of the place which would be the door frame leading into the kitchen area. I watched as I let some people cross the street and I looked to my right to see a black  , shadow figure with a bald head standing there.He had no face.I knew he wasn't a person , I have seen things my entire life and this was not a live person. I stared at it and it was not moving. I paid it no mind.I didn't even say anything to my ex.

About 3 years later before taking my Comprehensive Exams, I was quietly resting in my old room in the 3rd floor. Right across my room is my folks room which was undergoing some renovations since my dad was about to come home from his overseas. I was feeling a bit hungry so I opened my door and I saw Baldy just peeking out of my folks room by the door. I knew it was the same ghost with no face  but on the off chance that someone was able to make it inside our house I had to be sure. There was a string of burgleries during that time so I wanted everyone to be safe. I called our landline and my mom answered.I said there was someone in the 3rd floor and she just calmly said "I would be right there." 

The next scene would be one of the funniest and most touching in my life. I heard people running up and when I opened the door to look at the stairs my mom was leading the pack and she brought a butchers chopping knife with her along with a couple of guys from the Machine Shop next door. I pointed them to the room where we checked that the windows were still barred and that it contained nothing more than an empty bed. 

So there I was with my mom Butcher knife in hand and a bunch of guys who had grease all over them carrying a bunch of steel pipes ready to pummel any burglar. I felt really touched and sheepish because there was no one to beat up but they came any way.

It was not the last that we would see or hear about Baldy though. Almost all of our house helpers past and present have seen him even before we tell them about this particular ghost.Most of them are creeped out but baldy just seems to want to live in peace and I believe that he actually means no harm. Like everyone I guess he just wants a play to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment