Saturday, April 13, 2013

"The Room By The Stairs"



"The Room by the stairs"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr. 

      I went to an old High School near Doroteo Jose. It was a place that has seen some history and had even schooled one of the countries Senators at the time. It fostered a great atmosphere for learning and promoted great Christian values  unfortunately it was also very haunted. 

     There were 2 incidents that occured in that place which increased my belief in the paranormal. This was about a square room where our 3rd year Section stayed for a year. It was the one that was found at the very end of the school , you would take a wide flight of stairs going up and upon reaching the top of the stairs you would turn right to find the door leading to this room. 


Story # 1 - "Luna X 2"

The first incident occurred one early morning , it seemed like a typical day and I was a bit early for school  , my classmate Diosdado who lived just in front of the school was there as well. We waited for a while until the custodian opened the door for us  ,it was then that I noticed that one of our classmates (her name was Luna) , a morena girl with striking straight black beautiful hair suddenly burst in between Dado and me. On the left corner of the room was a Stand fan which we always turned on when we came in, this was the direction that Luna went to  , Dado and I paid her no mind because we  just thought that she was just going to turn on the fan. I settled at the back of the room  , near the door because I believed that I didn't finish an assignment and I didn't want to be in front when my teachers were asking to pass our notebooks.  All of our classmates started coming in and the classes eventually started. The day was half over and I believe that we were in Ms. Tan's English class when I saw somebody running up the stairs. It was unmistakable. It was Luna. She just came to class.

 I was so surprised that I just had to ask her where she went. She said that she was just really late. I said that I saw you earlier with Dado , when the custodian opened the door. She was puzzled as well because there was no way that she could have made it to school that morning. When the class heard of this story they were all really scared. The rest of the class period was spent with Ms. Tan trying to pacify us.

Story # 2 - "The head in the corridor."

The 2nd incident happened during a class recollection. It was night time and we were assigned to sleep in this room by the stairs. Now this room had another feature to it that figured into this event. It had a long rectangular window that was made of clear glass which stretched along the full length of the room , this window was high enough that someone beyond 5 feet could see the corridor it faced. So the room was facing the corridor of rooms that was normally full of students and on the rooms left was the door leading to the stairs. During the recollection this room was specifically chosen because it provided a vantage point for seeing people going out of the rooms in the corridor or people who would go in. These rooms were occupied by our female classmates and some female facilitators. All males were here and I believe this was our 3rd Year of High school as well. I recalled that my classmate Jimmy , the Recollection Facilitator and I were chatting while sitting on one of the sturdy tables when we saw someone moving from the dark corridor going towards the room. It wasn't someone we knew. The facilitator didn't seem to know the guy either but we could clearly see him coming towards us from the dark and when he reached the window he turned to the right. It was by that time that all 3 of us noticed that this was merely a floating head. It did not seem to notice us at all and it continued to the right and disappeared from our view when the window ended. I was not sure about what the other 2 did but I found the corner farthest away from the window and decided to sleep even though my mind was so wide awake. 

I have not been back to my old school in quite awhile but surely its not going to be a place that I would want to visit in the dead of night all alone any time soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment