Wednesday, April 10, 2013

"Absenture Hauntings..."



"Absenture Hauntings..."
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.


I was with Absenture for more than 4 years and I have had encounters with the paranormal within the very walls of the tower I was assigned to in Mandaluyong . Most of the stories that I have heard or experienced happened in the old Haunts of Project Silver Gorilla and the floors directly below and above them. The High Rise areas of 18 to 22nd Floor as well as the once almost serene 8th floor that my last project still occupies.


Story# 1 QA scare

One of our old QA's was coming from her lunch break. It was past midnight and she was hurrying back. She got on the elevator and pressed the button for the 22nd floor. She was shocked when the elevator opened on the 18th floor , during those times to conserve electricity , the lights were turned off except for the reception area for the elevators. As if something was holding her there , the door refused to close and she could see nothing but darkness on both sides. Mercifully the elevator closed after awhile and she was able to get to the 22nd floor.

Story #2 Rude Awakening

During one of our training sessions one of my Wave mates decided to sleep on the 21st floor pantry. He was lying comfortably on one side of the dark pantry and he could plainly hear our other wave mates chatting on the other side. He dozed off and awoke to an angry whispering in his ear , someone or something touched him and he was still hearing the angry whisperer at his side. He stood up and the sound stopped. The girls chatting on the other side were still at it and they never saw anyone come near him.

Story # 3 Bone chill

During one of the more tiring shifts I had with that project , I decided to sleep in one of the quiet rooms on the 22nd. Now this place had a reputation of causing bad dreams and the sensation that someone was sitting on your chest. I was too tired to care and took my lunch for some much needed rest. The room was a bit warm because the AC was off and I slept the moment I laid my back on the make shift bed (pinagdikit na dalawang armchair!).

I woke up to feel really cold , I thought that the AC was turned way up but it was still off , this chill I felt was something I have never felt before. I found myself shaking and my back had spasms because of this cold. I was able to stand up and go to the pantry. I sat there still having chills. I thought I was sick but after awhile the cold went away. I knew something was hugging me then though I could not see it. I never slept in that quiet room again.

Story #4 Little girl

This story comes from almost all of the women who were stationed on the 8th floor during the prominence of Project Silver Gorilla  , new hires were often warned not to go to the Ladies Comfort Room alone least they encounter the little girl who haunts the cubicles and halls. The story goes that once you go in alone , the spirit follows you and would try to communicate. Slamming of cubicle doors were common as well as unusual coldness near the women CR.

Story #5 Elevator Girl

The elevator to the high rise area also has one particular lady that an unlucky few have been able to see. It seems like a doppleganger , a ghost that copies people. One of my team mates was going home in the morning and he noticed a girl who was facing the back of the elevator , she had normal clothes on , jeans and shirt , and even normal hair , nothing odd about her except for the fact that she was facing one corner at the back of the elevator. My teammate didn't pay much attention until he realized that this particular elevator was just on standby at the 22nd floor. This girl was already there when he got in and the odd part was when he went out , the elevator closed and the woman was still in her corner...round trip siguro?

The 8th floor seems a bit quiet now and there haven't been more stories from the high rise areas. Who knows if these ghosts are still there.

No comments:

Post a Comment