Tuesday, January 1, 2013

"So the world didn't end...what now?"




"So the world didn't end...what now?"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.


     The World did not end and the various prophecies still continue. The Mayan Calendar no longer holds any credence and this whole end of the world fuss might be due to the fact that the person in charge of the Mayan Calendar ran out of space hence the end of that particular system. Or he could have died or they could have change into another Calendar system. Or if the series Ancient Aliens would be believed , the Mayans including the guy making the calendar went back to the mothership or were taken into the mothership.

     Kidding aside , when the world was not consumed by Fire ( a solar flare that some predicted ) or people did not disappear in droves (Rapture) or Zombies didn't start rampaging in or crawling or lurching in....I breathed a long sigh of relief and then I remembered all of the things that I was putting on hold and the bills that I have to pay and the life that I have to live and I breathed another long sigh. One filled with hope and worry. But dominated by hope because being alive gives you more options (To Paraphrase Tyrion Lannister a bit). Yup being alive has more possibilities than the opposite. So I sit here full of hope and I stand up and do things full of hope as well.

     I get to keep promises made to the people I love and I get to watch Aven grow up and guide her as she tries to achieve her full potential. Every time I consider it there is more upside than downside. It is not going to be an easy battle , as I always said before it is going to be an uphill battle. The type of challenges that would scream at me to quit , to close my eyes and just forget about it. I was never one for quitting but there was a point that redefining myself and maturing just a little bit was the order of the day. I think I have had enough growing up and its now time to fulfill this potential that I have known that was inside of me.

     This 2013 I am tired of not trying. The status quo is not enough. This year... Go for broke on all fronts.

No comments:

Post a Comment