Saturday, January 19, 2013

My Little Rat Problem




My Little Rat Problem 
by: 
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.

     I have a Rat problem. Yeah , the problem that doesn't stem from having helpful rats like Mickey or the Chef rat from Ratatouille. Its the kind of problem where a rat enters my room and makes it look like a murder scene. My room look likes a tornado hit it when I come in in the mornings and its not the most welcome sight after all you want to do is lie back , read a little and then go to sleep. I have to clean stacks of my Magic cards that have fallen down , I have to look if there were any chewed things and if my little friend "dropped" something somewhere. Luckily this rat seems to carry his "stuff" with him like a good camper.The problem is he still makes a mess in my room and I want an end to it.

    This rat or these rats ( I'm not really sure if its a pack or just one smart rat doing a lone wolf mission) appear in my room and just cause havoc and they seem to just slip through the walls. Consider that there are only 2 possible entries into my room , my door and the old aircon area. Now for obvious reasons I made a little experiment , I locked my door. The buggers still got in somehow and I don't think they can go in the old aircon area because that thing has a grate on it and there are no holes there ( I do know that rats can squeeze through a hole the size of a quarter). So unless they can dismantle the old air conditioning unit and reassemble it when they go out I am at  total loss as to how the hell they got in my room. Its liked a sealed room murder. Where is Detective Conan when you need him?

I have not seen any rat in my room per se but I do know that the mess in here cant be caused by ghosts , those I can see and there are none here. I have seen the rats in the other house and I don't really want them up here in the 3rd floor. Those things are huge. As big as a cat and they seem to have a knack for running past you as you are trying to walk. They think they are part of the family! You cant deal with them traditionally too because:

1. They scare off cats
2. They don't stick to fly paper...they literally carry them off...
3. They scoff at Mouse traps and know whats going on.
4. They know what poison is...obviously one of them studied it and gave a field manual to the others.

So right now the rats have the reign and all I can do is defend. My castle is besieged and who will I turn to?

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. sinabi mo pa bro...lately parang nawala...tapos ngayon bumalik na naman...ang kulit...

      Delete