Saturday, January 21, 2012

"Pasko sa Ospital"



"Pasko sa Ospital"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.

It is now officially Christmas. I am the only intern in the whole hospital and since I don’t want to incur anymore make ups , here I am lounging and catching up on paperwork. You see when you enter the Internal Medicine department you are already 2 months delayed on paperwork. We have no admissions so far and I am really holding my breathe. I don’t even want to mention that word. We do have a few patients on board but all of them seem to be doing their darndest best to keep us all busy. There are 4 of them that have very high blood pressures and it is my duty to watch them every hour. So every hour I get up from my paperwork or reading and I walk the floors. From the 2nd to 4th. As I do this , I silently thank God that I didn’t go to Medical City where 14 floors seems to be way too much for me to walk.
My friend Paul who is the “Resident intern” (aka the guy who lives in the quarters) seems to have gone home for the first time in months and has left me with no one to talk to but myself , which isn’t half bad since I do like myself and I know what topics I would like to talk about and besides I don’t argue with myself. Still it is Christmas and I am all alone. My Mom and siblings are in Odiongan , Romblon for the Holidays and My Dad is in Portland managing his mighty ship making me an orphan in absentia. Stephanie and Aven are at home and seem to be fast asleep after our great Noche Buena feast , the food was sooooo good that I can only describe it this way , I burp and I can still taste it. The Crispy Pata alone probably shortened my lifespan by 5 years , it’s the hallmark of great food. hehehehehe.
The hospital parking lot looks great. I hate a crammed parking lot. The wards should turn off some of their lights theres only a couple of people in there anyway. The mood seems to be jolly as people have more time to chat. Any moment now someone will break out a Nescafe and burst into song. I still hate the idea of spending Christmas in the hospital when a warm bed at home is calling me. Im thankful though that Im not that doctor in the Smart Commercial , my life here is less stressful than his. So Christmas comes and Christmas goes. Im still here. Im still here.

Note: This is a saved Blog that should have been posted December 25 , 2008. Someone deleted my facebook account and some of my earlier works.

No comments:

Post a Comment