Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Miami Heat: Tempering my Enthusiasm



The Miami Heat: Tempering my Enthusiasm
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.


As I write this the Miami Heat has just fallen to 8-2 in the NBA standings after a defeat in the hands of the Golden State Warriors in over time. Overall this spoils the return of Dwayne Wade after he missed 3 games with a sore foot. He had a monster game with 34 points but it seems his return will have some meshing problems with a unit that has won 3 straight games without him. Does this mean that they shouldn’t be playing Wade just yet and should have just stuck with the current starting lineup? Some people might argue that this might not bode well for the team because of chemistry issues but you just can’t sideline one the best players in the game when he can contribute right? It will spell better offense down the line for the Miami Heat with Wade in the lineup and then the naysayers can just keep on grumbling about something else. I am excited about this season especially with the early showing of Lebron James who seems to have found that dominant player inside of him and just let him play. Though the heat still sits atop the standings with their good record I am tempering my enthusiasm because Lebron has been the Choke King for all the finals that he has been in regardless of the supporting cast around him. I find it highly suspicious that he turns to this unstoppable beast on the court every game and then becomes meek as a lamb during the last lap of the season. The play offs is still the place where I want to see Lebron dunking over guys and dishing out assists to a cutting Wade or Bosh for one of those steady perimeter jumpers that he has. I will cheer them on as they clobber guys left and right with their league leading scoring and consistency but I am holding my breath until I see the last second dwindling on the shot clock on the last game of the NBA finals and see the confetti come down from the rafters and only if the Heat Manage to win it all this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment