Sunday, January 15, 2012

Bob Ong’s Little Pink book


Bob Ong’s Little Pink book
By:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.

I have now acquired the new book(a gift from my wife) from Bob Ong entitled "Lumayo ka nga sa akin"...the title is funny and interesting but reading it in public is going to be more interesting. At first glance it looks like one of those romantic novellas that have catch phrases like “ikaw lang ang sa akin” or “ mahal kita pero…”. It will certainly diminish the pa-cool factor that some people get while reading these books. It’s a pink book complete with the heart borders on the front and back as well as hearts in the mold of the cheap romance novels that pervade our land. I didn’t want to touch it the first time I saw it because it reminded me so much of one of my aunts collections. But then it was Bob Ong and I was interested in what he got into this time around. The last book was scary because I have an imagination on me and I really hated the big Santo's in old houses. This one proves to be scarier still. You would have to read in public and weather the stares of people who are thinking you are some romantic nut or just someone who has lost all senses and got into these kinds of books or even have your man card revoked or maybe have a little bit of the true Piolo Pascual in you. I don’t think Bob Ong meant it to be as such but it certainly challenges your pa-coolness factor. I have managed to read the first few pages and I cannot help but smile. This ought to be a very interesting book. I am going to read this in public too. I don't care. I would just have to smack a few people if they want to take to take my man card.

3 comments:

  1. You beat me there sir! I haven't been looking for Bob Ong's books since that creepy purple book! Anyway, Millie and I each bought an Illustrated Omnibus of Sherlock Holmes at our favorite Booksale for Php240!! Hardbound and very clean copies for the win!! Anyway I'll buy this one later tonight...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read it last December. Timing sa MMFF. Hehe. Good read pero pinakagusto ko sa gawa ni Bob Ong yung Mac Arthur.

    ReplyDelete