Monday, September 30, 2024

"It came from nowhere: The CRC Banning Fiasco and how I recovered from the sting."

"It came from nowhere: The CRC Banning Fiasco and how I recovered from the sting."

by:

Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD


That recent ban from the Commander Rules Committee made me upset but it did make me recall how I got those banned items and the memories made me feel a little better before feeling the sting of reality once more.

My mana crypt was in the last pack in the box of Mystery Booster box that I bought during the pandemic. Despite the gloom and doom I felt at  that time it made me happy when I finally got one. It was an intense, heart pounding moment when I saw it as I opened my last pack.

My Dockside extortionist came with the Commander Pre Constructed deck before the demand for it peaked so it was just a gem in the normal price of a commander deck.

And my Jeweled Lotus was given at a very good discounted rate because I had a good relationship with my local game store. 

And Nadu. I got it on the tail end of  when the prices dropped from my favorite supplier.

So all in all those memories sort of balanced out the sting. And when I realized that I can still play it with my friends and I am not really into the competitive formats then it lessened that sting even more.

It just made me wonder why they had to do this all of a sudden. When personally I really have no game time and some of the joy I felt was that I just had these staples ready when and if I can rejoin my friends in battle.

It just felt like an insane move.

No comments:

Post a Comment