Thursday, May 16, 2024

"The Gentlemen: Ozarks in a well-tailored suit."

"The Gentlemen: Ozarks in a well-tailored suit."

by:

Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD


The Gentlemen on Netflix has the same spirit as Ozark in a refined suit of elegance. At least it has a better looking cast. It features a Duke who inherits land with a bit of trouble attached to it. 

My wife and I enjoy a lot of problem solving when we watch  and while violence is always imminent in this series , I find myself happy that they tend to resolve and avoid messes with words and back dealings. In my book if you can convince the other person to a resolution without resorting to violence , all the better. 

For the most part the series hooks you with several mysteries and the question of "so what are you going to do now?" dangling at every end so what it amounts to is an enjoyable 8 episode experience.

It offers a strong and smart female lead as well that has her own aspirations and approach to things , the dialogue is fun for me because I think I am learning something. (Or so I think hahahahah)

After smashing on Damsel the last couple of weeks I am glad that I found something to really enjoy and forget about that horrible thing hahahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment