"The Coffee That Wasn't Mine Anymore"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.
My wife and daughter went on one of their Mommy-Daughter bonding trips. This time , it was about conducting a time in motion study. They would simulate how our Aven would leave our house early in the morning and do a typical drive to Ateneo and how her classes would go.
I was asleep the whole day so they would have to relay this to me over dinner. Well they were still telling me stories after we had dinner , it was such a full day for both of them and that made me happy.
They have even brought me coffee from Starbucks as they both knew that I was basically running on fumes now. The 5th night of a 6 night duty schedule. I was sipping this Venti cup with an extra shot mixed in so that I would be awake but I noticed something. The longer the stories went the more my cup became communal coffee! At first it was just Aven taking a sip and then my wife Hanie had also jumped into the action by taking a few sips as well.
1/4 of my cup was gone before I knew it. We shared a laugh over it. At least I don't really feel left out now. If only they would have spared my coffee.

No comments:
Post a Comment