Thursday, May 16, 2024

"The Real Side Chick."


"The Real Side Chick."

by:

Virgilio F. De leon Jr.


Recently I have been listening to a lot of Pinoy rappers. Mainly Hev Abi and Nateman. I have been listening to some other acts over the years and there seems to be a theme of one guy( I assume the rapper) getting into a sexual relationship with a girl/woman who seems to be in another or sometimes implied several relationships.

I then get to ask the question , if you are the best or number one then why are you acting like you are second best or number two or if some body count is to be believed number 8 or 13 down the hole?

I mean surely a rapper with so much swagger and much proclaimed  , gifted in the sex department should be able to hold down a steady, stable girl friend right? Right?

Instead what is conveyed through these songs is that these guys are the actual side chicks , waiting for girls to call them , dito lang ako kapag kailangan mo , kapag wala kang kasama , kalandian. Huh? Tawagan mo ako kapag di na kayo magkasama. etc. etc.

I don't know when that ever became cool. Being a side guy. Rappers always say that they are the main man but I think very few get to really say that they are in real life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment